Sunday, October 18, 2015

New Piece of Irish Crochet Decor I Made - Fall Orange Leaf Square Mat

Ruth Sandra Sperling
RSS Designs In Fiber
- Get My Handmade in my Etsy Shop -- or Privately


Fall Orange Leaf Square Mat - 14 Inch Square


I really enjoy doing Irish Crochet - it is based on traditional known techniques - I like the way it looks!

The above square is a pattern from a Magic Crochet Magazine with Irish Crocheted Leaves - but I did it in quite a thicker thread than that pattern called for - and in 2 Colors - this time in a Fall or Autumn Color Theme - Orange and Cream, though some might like this Color Theme at any time!!

Here is a Closeup of one corner, so you can see the design more clearly.

Closeup of 1 Corner of the "Fall Orange Leaf Square" - A Large Leaf in the Corner with a Smaller Leaf on Each side.

I made and photographed this piece with the idea in mind for it to be used as a Decor Accent on a Table - such as:
  • Coffee Table 
  • Side Table 
  • Center of a Dining Table

 -- but you could also frame it - I think it would look best against a darker background - as a Wall Hanging.

See more details about it on my Etsy Shop Listing.



9 comments :

DianesDangles said...

So pretty and intricate! Always have admired your crochet work.

SolanaKaiDesigns said...

Very pretty, Ruth!

Umeboshi said...

The piece is just beautiful! It makes me think of Fall leaves.

PrettyGonzo said...

Beautiful choice of colors and perfect crochet art! Thanks for sharing! :)

Unknown said...

Really pretty work!

Adorebynat said...

Very very nice! You create beautiful masterpieces.

Julie l. Cleveland said...

This is such a pretty pattern, Ruth. I love the colors that you chose to create your design. You're right; this would be pretty all year round.

ShadowDogDesigns said...

Such an exquisite piece of fiber art, Ruth! Shared.

Ewenique said...

Your crochet piece is lovely for fall!